Monday, June 23, 2008

Alone Anyone??

Whew!! How many times do you just sit back and wonder to yourself, where do I begin? It is amazing to me how scattered and incomplete my mind can seem, even to myself sometimes. I have been granted a very rare opportunity to be alone. Alone. There was only one other time that I was alone in this house. It was a Wednesday evening. It was for three hours. It was approximately five months ago, but hey, it is not like I am keeping track or anything. :) Tonight I am alone in so many ways that I can hardly wrap my mind around it. Being alone is so weird. There are times when I just long to have a moment to myself, and about the time that I am able to make it happen nothing feels as I would have expected or even wanted. I find that I can become utterly petrified and unable to make even the simplest of decisions. When you think to yourself, 'if only I had ten minutes I would finally get to finish that project, read that book or call that friend' only to find that when those ten minutes finally arrive you end up wasting them in a paralyzed state of indecision or to a perfectly good nap. Okay, well maybe that wouldn't be too bad. :)

Post Script: I actually typed this several weeks ago, I believe it was on Monday June 23rd. I am not sure why I didn't actually post it, I probably thought it was just ridiculous or something. Reading it today, I just can't help but think it needs to be posted. I am quite a character, aren't I? :)




1 comment:

40-dayturnaround said...

Sara, I'm glad you decided to post this. There are times I want alone time, too, but I agree; it usually isn't how you imagined it.