Monday, June 9, 2008

Just an observation :)

This must be what it feels like to be in the grip of God's grace. I mean I kind of expected to be doing well at this point, but I had no idea of the kind of peace that has just completely engulfed my life. If I didn't know any better I would think that every single person I had ever met and then some have been interceding for me night and day. Although I am sure that many have been, I truly believe that God's mercy in my life is just that amazing.

The truth is, Shane and I have spent countless nights, weeks and months apart throughout the past fourteen years that we have been married. There were military schools, 2nd and 3rd shift jobs, and actual 2nd and 3rd part-time jobs. We have always done whatever it would take to provide for our necessities and for the opportunity for me to be able to stay home and raise our children. It will take a good eight or nine weeks before I really start to experience life outside the ordinary for us. I am guessing that that might sound really sad to some who would hear that, but I really feel that I couldn't be any more blessed than I am. The life that we have forged together has been nothing but pure joy. Would I wish that I could spend every single night of my life with him? Yes!! But not if I had to sacrifice any of the passion and dedication that we have for each other and our family. We are truly living out the life that God has ordained for us, and I couldn't be happier.

I guess I am not entirely sure how I got to writing about this, but I guess that is part of the fun that goes along with just putting yourself out there. I know how it is when I just open my mouth and sometimes things just come rolling out. Apparently, my fingers have the same problem when I let them loose on the keys.

1 comment:

40-dayturnaround said...

Sara, your words bless my heart. God has His hand on you and Shane.